Aerospace Medicine Grand Rounds
“Update on Travel Medicine: vaccines, malaria, and diarrheal diseases”
A. Clinton White, MD
Professor, Division of Infectious Diseases
Department of Internal Medicine
Executive Director, Coordinating Center for Global Health
University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
Broadcast Live from Universities Space Research Association (USRA)
3600 Bay Area Blvd., (at Middlebrook Drive) in Houston, TX
Simulcast to UTMB in the Televideo Conferencing Room, 5.521 Levin Hall
- Know the major risks of morbidity and mortality related to travel
- Understand the risks and benefits of empiric antibiotic treatment of travelers’ diarrhea
- Know the indications for the main drugs used for malaria prophylaxis
Supported By: UTMB Aerospace Medicine Residency, University of Texas Medical Branch and USRA Division of Space Life Sciences
Disclosure Statement: (Planning Committee Members): Dr. William E. Powers, Yvette Schulz and Brenda Johnson MEd, CHCP have no relevant relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Disclosure Statement: (Speaker): Dr. Clinton White has no relevant relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Accreditation: The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Webcast: To view Grand Rounds using a PC, download the latest version of Apple Quick Time Player, reboot and enter URL
- Apple Quick Time participants click here: https://qstream.utmb.edu/stream.sdp
- High Definition participants click here: https://hdstream.utmb.edu/VEMSWeb/Widgets/EmbedPlayerControllerWidget.html?ver=184.108.40.206&autoplay=true&contentID=6
Technical Support Phone Numbers:
For technical assistance regarding the information above please call UTMB’s Control Room at 409-747-9037.
For NTC (NASA) technical assistance call 877-857-6272