Aerospace Medicine Grand Rounds
“Autonomous Medical Support for Exploration Missions: Research, Training, and Operations”
Douglas Ebert, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist, KRBwyle/NASA JSC
Fellow, NASA Human Health and Performance Contract
Broadcast Live from Universities Space Research Association (USRA)
3600 Bay Area Blvd., (at Middlebrook Drive) in Houston, TX
Simulcast to UTMB in the Televideo Conferencing Room, 5.521 Levin Hall
- Discuss the evolution of telemedicine techniques for low Earth orbit, and how these techniques can be applied to the provision of medical support for space exploration missions requiring more autonomy.
- Understand the benefits and limitations of current research and modelling techniques in assessing and reducing medical risk for exploration spaceflight.
- Apply knowledge of Crew Medical Officer performance and medical capability limitations to future mission planning.
Supported By: UTMB Aerospace Medicine Residency, University of Texas Medical Branch and USRA Division of Space Life Sciences
Disclosure Statement: (Planning Committee Members): Dr. William E. Powers, Yvette Schulz and Brenda Johnson, MEd, CHCP have no relevant relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Disclosure Statement: (Speaker): Dr. Douglas Ebert has no relevant relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Accreditation: The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Webcast: To view Grand Rounds using a PC, download the latest version of Apple Quick Time Player, reboot and enter URL
- Apple Quick Time participants click here: http://qtstream.utmb.edu/stream.sdp
- High Definition participants click here: https://hdstream.utmb.edu/VEMSWeb/Widgets/EmbedPlayerControllerWidget.html?ver=22.214.171.124&autoplay=true&contentID=6
Technical Support Phone Numbers:
For technical assistance regarding the information above please call UTMB’s Control Room at 409-747-9037.
For NTC (NASA) technical assistance call 877-857-6272