University of Texas Medical Branch
Aerospace Medicine Grand Rounds
Broadcast at MIT
"A Whole Community Approach to Disaster Preparedness and Response: Agenda for Action"
Sharon Petronella Croisant, Ph.D.
Professor with Tenure
Preventive Medicine and Community Health
Director of Community-Based Research and Community Engagement, Sealy Center for Environmental Health & Medicine
Director of Community Engagement, Institute for Translational Sciences
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
Broadcast Live from Universities Space Research Association (USRA)
3600 Bay Area Blvd., (at Middlebrook Drive) in Houston, TX
Simulcast to UTMB in the Televideo Conferencing Room, 5.521 Levin Hall
- To learn UTMB’s ongoing role as anchor hospital for disaster preparedness and response to natural and manmade disasters
- To illustrate the NIH vision for Disaster Research Response
- To understand the Whole Community Approach to Disaster Preparedness and Community Resiliency
- To learn opportunities for integration of healthcare response, research, and education
Supported By: UTMB Aerospace Medicine Residency, University of Texas Medical Branch and USRA Division of Space Life Sciences
Disclosure Statement: (Planning Committee Members): Dr. William E. Powers, Yvette Schulz and Brenda Johnson MEd, CHCP have no relevant relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Disclosure Statement: (Speaker): Dr. Sharon Croisant has no relevant relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Accreditation: The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Webcast: To view Grand Rounds using a PC, download the latest version of Apple Quick Time Player, reboot and enter URL
- Apple Quick Time participants click here: https://qstream.utmb.edu/stream.sdp
- High Definition participants click here: https://hdstream.utmb.edu/VEMSWeb/Widgets/EmbedPlayerControllerWidget.html?ver=188.8.131.52&autoplay=true&contentID=6
Technical Support Phone Numbers:
For technical assistance regarding the information above please call UTMB’s Control Room at 409-747-9037.
For NTC (NASA) technical assistance call 877-857-6272